Security camera networks require lots of cables. When laying long runs of cables the installers usually have a choice between using CAT5 cable or coaxial cable. CAT5 cable is cheaper than coax cable, but has different electrical and physical characteristics. You can't just connect the wires - you'll lose signal strength and picture quality. A video balun corrects this problem by balancing impedance and other electrical characteristics, which minimizes signal loss and noise. We carry many different styles of video baluns.
This video balun has 4 channels, connects
BNC to coaxial cable, and has a filtered serial data line.
- Four (4) channels for up to four (4) cameras
- Compact size, can be screwed down
- Transmits color video signals up to 400 meters (437.4 yards) or b/w video up to 600 meters (656.2 yards)
- Distances of up to 1 kilometer when used with active baluns
- Built-in noise filter
- Serial data filter
- Cost saving: Eliminate long runs of coaxial cable
- Category 5 (CAT 5) wire recommended.